Cantus Manuscript Database and Cantus Index
- What is the difference between Cantus Index and Cantus Manuscript Database
- Cantus Manuscript Database (CMD) is a "manuscript database" containing indices of medieval manuscript and early printed sources. Every chant in the CMD has reference to the Cantus Index (CI) via Cantus ID number.
- Cantus Index (CI) is a simple list of chants according their Cantus ID number.
- CI is used for:
- assigning new Cantus ID numbers to newly discovered chants
- gathering concordances from manuscript database such as CMD.
- generating automatic synoptic tables from the manuscript databases
- No manuscript references are included directly in CI.
- CI replaced the former "Master chant table" in the older version of the Cantus Manuscript Database.
- How can I edit the incipit?
- You will find no editable "Incipit" field in CANTUS. Incipit is generated automatically from the "Standardised full text" field. Edit Fulltext field instead and the incipit will be updated automatically.
- NOTE: The incipit in the proofreading form is not updated immediately after editing the Fulltext field.